SUMMARY :: Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Prepares reports, corresponds on email, works with people in all departments, and with customers and suppliers.
- Understands computers and is able to work with a variety of software programs.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records quality data, such as customer returns, complaints, etc., through internal and external tracking of quality control procedures.
- Consults with customers on products to achieve greater quality.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS :: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :: Bachelors Degree Preferred, or Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write procedures, reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of organization. Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Should understand quality control metrics.
REASONING ABILITY :: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations ma be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms ,stoop, kneel and crouch.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
TRAVEL REQUIRED :: Possible
STATUS :: Hourly or Salary (Depends on Experience)